Helpful Resources for GGCS Students
Many resources are available to GGCS students and UC Davis graduate students in general -- here are some of our most popular ones.
Academic Assistance and Professional Development
- GradPathways offers over 200 workshops, seminars and panel discussions throughout the year on topics such as writing and presentation skills, teaching, leadership, professionalism and career management.
- UC Davis Office of Graduate Studies
- Check out university-wide graduate news and resources via the Office of Graduate Studies.
- UC Davis Graduate Studies Mentoring
- UC Davis Graduate Studies supports and advances graduate faculty/student mentoring through a variety of efforts.
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Graduate Writing Program tutors offer individual consultations, writing workshops and more for UC Davis graduate students.
- Student Academic Assistance and Tutoring Centers
- UC Davis offers one-on-one tutoring and support.
- Job Bulletin
- See current job opportunities listed on AfterCollege.
- UC Davis Graduate Student Association
- For the latest news, events and announcements, follow the association on Facebook.
- Handshake Jobs and Internships System
- With UC Davis Handshake, you can search and apply for jobs and internships, connect to employers and sign-up for company interviews and recruiting events. Over 100 internships and jobs (both on- and off-campus) are posted every day!
Financial Assistance and Funding
- Financial Aid Office
- Located in Dutton Hall, First Floor, the Financial Aid Office can help you with campus grants, loans, scholarships and work-study programs.
- Student Accounting
- Get accounting assistance in Dutton Hall, Second Floor.
- Complete Your FAFSA
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens in October, with a deadline of March 2 every year.
- UC Davis Financial Systems
- Get info and answers on student financial questions from UC Davis Financial Systems.
- Emergency, Short-Term and Assistant Loans
- Programs are available through the Financial Aid Office.
- ♦ Grad Studies Internal Fellowships -- Review each one and apply for ones in which you’re eligible; annual deadline of January 15.
♦ External Fellowships -- See Grad Studies’ website for opportunities.
♦ UC Davis Office of Research Funding Opportunities & Limited Submissions
♦ Grad Studies Travel Awards -- For travel to present a research paper at professional meetings; due October 15 and March 15.
♦ GSA Travel Award -- Offered twice per year.
♦ GGCS Travel Award (Ph.D. students only): application sent via email to Ph.D. students annually.
Graduate Students With Families
- Childcare Grants
- Grants available via UC Davis Worklife Wellness.
- SHIP Dependent Coverage
- Assistance available through UC Davis Student Health and Counseling Services.
- Additional Medical Coverage
- Additional medical coverage may be available through Medi-Cal Access Coverage.
- California Department of Public Health WIC Program
- WIC provides a wide variety of services and supports for families including food/nutrition assistance, breastfeeding support, healthcare referrals and more.
- Lactation/Breastfeeding Support
- UC Davis Lactation Support provides consultations, support groups and breast-pump services.
- Student-Parent Resources
- The Women's Resources and Research Center offers several free resources.
Physical and Mental Health
- UC Davis Student Health and Counseling Services
- SHCS offers group and individual counseling as well as referral services.
- Graduate Students: Counseling Specialization
- Dr. Bai-Yin Chen specializes in assisting graduate students, and has an office in the Office of Graduate Studies (Mrak Hall) to meet with graduate students. You may contact her directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (530) 752-0871.
- UC Davis Ombuds
- UC Davis Office of the Ombuds is a confidential, independent, impartial and informal problem-solving and conflict management resource for all members of the UC Davis community. The Ombuds can assist by listening to concerns, clarifying issues, identifying policies and resources, and providing coaching and communication strategies.
- Activities and Rec Center (The ARC)
- The ARC is free for students during academic year.
- Campus Recreation Programs
- Check out UC Davis Campus Recreation for aquatics, crafts, classes clubs and much more.
Food and Nutrition
- The Pantry
- Bring your student ID to The Pantry in Memorial Union 154 for nutritious meals, food items and toiletries -- up to five free items per day.
- Aggie Compass
- Aggie Compass is a student-community space in the East Wing of the Memorial Union (First Floor) where you can find fresh produce during Fruit & Veggie Up!, get CalFresh enrollment and assistance, and find resources for stable housing and financial assistance.
- Healthy Aggies
- Get nutrition/wellness counseling and support with Healthy Aggies.
- UC Davis Farmers Market
- The UC Davis On-Campus Farmers Market is open Fall (the six weeks before Thanksgiving) and Spring at noon on the Quad.
- Downtown Davis Farmers Market
- Enjoy this market year-round at Central Park: Saturdays, 8 a.m. -1 p.m. March - Oct.; Wednesday evenings. Reduced cost produce at the end of the market.
- Student Farm
- Check out the Student Farm's produce and flower sales and sign up for weekly produce boxes.
Travel and Transportation
- Unitrans Buses
- Grad students can purchase discounted Unitrans tickets and passes.
- Shuttle Services
- Check out the UC Davis/UC Davis Med Center shuttle and the UC Davis/UC Berkeley shuttle.
Recreation and Entertainment
- Find out about free access to Xfinity.
- Mondavi Center
- The Mondavi Center offers a wide variety of arts and entertainment events by renowned speakers and performers. First ticket is free!
- Manetti Shrem Art Museum
- This on-campus museum is free for all attendees.
- The UC Davis Arboretum admission is free and the venue offers numerous events.
- Students have free or low-cost admission to many campus sports events. Check out the calendar.
- Outdoor Adventures
- Get involved in outdoor sports and activities with Outdoor Adventures.
- The Craft Center has varying, low-cost crafting classes.