Project (Term Project)
Course seeks to explore the current research issues in parallel processing.
Expanded Course Description
- Programming Models
- Active Messages
- Commodity Components
- Shared-memory Multiprocessors
- Scientific Applications
- Network and Database Applications
- Shared Memory Versus Message Passing
- User-Level Shared Memory Protocols
- Message Co-processors
- User-extensible Operating Systems
- Network of Workstations
- Clusters of Symmetric Multiprocessors-processors
Readings of current research papers. Final paper and presentation critiquing three related readings and extending their area with a small project. Final project involving computer simulation or mathematical analysis.
Short-answer questions on each research paper.
Instructor: F. Chong
Prepared by: F. Chong (January 2003)
This course does not have a significant overlap with any other course.