Discussion: 1 hour
Summary of Course Content:
- Enabling Technologies of virtual reality
- Definition and Characteristics of virtual reality
- Human Factors and Human Perception
- Computer Graphics Principles for virtual reality
- Geometric Modeling Principles for virtual reality
- Modeling of Virtual Environments
- Existing Tools
- Special Topics
Engineering Science: 2 units
Engineering Design: 2 units
Due to the lack of textbooks in this area, we will use a combination of lecture and laboratory notes.
Potential Course Overlap
Whereas much of the fundamental material for this course is similar to that of courses ECS 175, 177, 275, and 277, the core material is unique to this course. This is the only course that discusses interface issues and display issues in a synthetic environment. It is the only course that discusses computer graphics and visualization techniques to display complex images into stereo environment.