Summary of Course Content
The faculty member in charge will present the main topics. There will also be presentations by other faculty members describing the types of research in their area and panel presentations by senior graduate students discussing their research experience.
- What makes a good research area and advanced topics
- II. How to do research
- How to find and manage information (prior work)
- How to read a research paper
- How to write a research paper
- Writing a CS conference paper (selling your ideas)
- Giving a good CS technical talk
- How to write a research/fellowship proposal
Selected articles and Web sites
Potential Course Overlap
Slight overlap with 293A in the introductory part of the course. The focus on computer science research makes this course substantially different from orientation classes in other fields.