Advising Assistance for CS Undergraduates
Courtney, 2063 Kemper Hall
Matthew, 2063 Kemper Hall
As we continue to be sensitive to the issues created by the Coronavirus (COVID-19), beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, the CS department will only be offering advising appointments through the Zoom (videoconferencing) platform until further notice from the UC system.
What do you need to know?
Appointment Schedule: M-TH 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (subject to change due to advisor availability)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE MAKING AN APPOINTMENT:
- Make sure to enter your phone number and email. (If there is a disconnection within Zoom during your appointment, an advisor will contact you by phone from a restricted number)
- Once you have scheduled a Zoom advising appointment, an advisor will email you a link to join the meeting at your scheduled appointment time. This link will also allow you to choose between a phone or video conference (see below for sample). If you are joining the meeting by phone, select the first One Tap Mobile link. An operator will connect you to the meeting/appointment. Please REMAIN on the line. **You may be prompted to enter a “Meeting ID number”, but this is NOT necessary. You will be connected automatically.**
- Please make sure to list your reason for the advising appointment in the notes section.
* Please be advised appointments for GE Advising, academic difficulty, or late drops should be handled by the Engineering Dean’s Office.
* Before discussing your PTA needs or concerns, please review the information here http://www.cs.ucdavis.edu/blog/pta-policy/
* Students making an advising hold appointment, please be sure you have an updated three-quarter plan. Failure to not have an updated plan could result in appointment cancellation.
- To schedule an advising appointment, please go to http://appointments.ucdavis.edu/ and select Computer Science.
Thank you for your patience as we work to better serve you during this time. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updates regarding COVID-19 and zoom support please, follow the links below:
Zoom support https://zoom.us/
UC Davis Coronavirus Updates https://www.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/
Last Updated- 3/20/2020
Quarter Drop-In Hours
|No Friday Drop-In Hours|
If you have an advising hold, then please book an appointment at appointments.ucdavis.edu. All new CSE transfer students with holds should book an appointment with the CS Department. All non-transfer CSE juniors with holds should book an appointment with Lili Mirshahzadeh in the Engineering Undergraduate Office.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: IF YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR AN ADVISING HOLD YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR THREE QUARTER PLAN HERE BEFORE YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT OR YOU WILL NOT BE SEEN. ALSO, IF YOU ARE 10 MINUTES LATE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOU WILL NOT BE SEEN.